Friday, February 5, 2010

The sourdough is rising (a new start without eggs -- did the pioneers even use eggs??), the fire is going, dinner was delicious - in part thanks to the spinach and lettuce we found (the critters outside get the rest of the lettuce that got slimy) -- and the brownies are excellent. I confess to using the last brownie mix. We're hoping to see some snow tomorrow and will bring over some more wood from the pile. Meanwhile, I did see signs of mice under the kitchen sink. Don't know if they are new but I'll move a trap there and also put the Tom Cat poison under there when we bring it in tomorrow. We will prevail over the critters!

4 comments:

  1. Man, I totally didn't look to see if there was mice under the sink before. Sneaky little guys, they are. We're so glad you enjoyed the food and the cabin is up to snuff! I do hope you note that I walked almost directly to the cabin in waist deep snow - my internal homing beacon is strong. If you have time, post a picture or two! I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I give you permission to replace the old fouled sourdough start with the new clean and egg-less version.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't clean under the sink and remember seeing 'tracks' when I was there, so I hope it's all old tracks.
    Yes, post pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whew, I saw more brownie mix over the stove. And I forgot to tell Andrew how impressed I am he was able to come straight here in such deep snow. It isn't easy, no matter how many times you have done it. With snow covering all the landmarks, it can be disorienting.

    ReplyDelete

Followers