Saturday, January 30, 2010

Fire Going!

It turned dark and we just turned on the fire. Several chapters of Hiassen down, and we made a hole into the front entry way (with stairs!) because too much snow has melted and going in over the side is going to end in an inevitable and unfortunate railing-family jewels encounter for me. Great news! Al Pacino is napping, Juan is gazing longingly at the fire. Becky is coming behind me with photo updates!

Auntie Ann: Definitely bring Sourdough start if possible. I'll let you guys know what happens tomorrow when I try to make it again. We moved two "racks" of wood so far - there is a lot left by the log cabin, and there is wood outside the house as well. We'll be sure and leave wood drying inside for you. We are saving wood only for the sake of conservation (one earth), not because we think we'll run out of wood. We'll leave you a full report - but no, you don't need to bring anything other than sourdough. Lots of wine + essentials (toilet paper, etc).

Mom: Traps moved. Hopefully we'll get another one! Or not. Actually, I'm not sure what to hope for, so I guess either way I can be happy with the end result?

OK - becky with photos...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers