Saturday, January 30, 2010

Eek! A mouse!

Just caught a mousey wousey in the trap next to the fridge. He wasn't there last night, but we didn't hear the trap go off today, so it must have been last night sometime. I put him in a black bag and then tossed him out. Sad way to go I guess, but he won't be pooping on MY pillow anytime soon. Other than that, no signs of mice (poop, tracks, dance parties, etc) so far. Unfortunately, of course, this no doubt falls in the category of "where there's one, theres more..."

I cooked pancakes this morning (using 2 eggs) and I think it made the not so active sour dough start better. OF COURSE I forgot to save start before putting in sugar/salt/soda/egg this morning, but then I figured "eh, what the heck" and saved some anyway. Can i fake it tomorrow morning or is the start now dead and becky/I now at risk of horrible salmonella poisoning? The potatoes and eggs that went with it were killer, of course.

Becky and I have not started a fire, as we have sunshine (generally) and are saving the wood for colder days later this winter when we hope to be back. We robbed the Los Banos Starbucks of a about 8 copies of the Los Banos Recorder (we did pay for one) because who's going to by a paper at Friday night after 10PM. I'm sure they're happy to have the circulation, anyway.

We are now preparing brownies for a little snack before we start cooking dinner in a couple of hours. MMM warm brownies!

We took pictures of our awesome breakfast this morning. If you're lucky, we'll take pictures of our awesome dinner tonight too, but I'll leave picture posting to Becky.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not so sure about the egg in the sour dough start. I will try to remember to take up some next week, as well as newspaper. How much wood is left in the woodshed by the log cabin?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Move the mouse trap that's under the stove to where you caught the mouse. The trap under the stove won't trip anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Followers