Monday, June 21, 2010

Woodpecker Family by the Fire


Last evening as we were eating dinner I saw a woodpecker perch on top of the big round by the firepit where we put the table. Then I saw another woodpecker fly out of a big hole in it and the first woodpecker fly into it. At lunch I saw the same changing of the guard. And there are definitely little ones inside because I tiptoed out there this morning and could hear tiny little "peeps" from what sounded like very young birds.

You can't see a lot from the photo, it is only of the hole so you know where I'm talking about. Even up close you can't see anything. They are down inside out of sight.

3 comments:

  1. We prepare the animals for our annual visitation to the Dinkey hinterland. We will bring an entire slaughtered ox to feed the expected multitude, along with several carts of fruits and vegetables, vats of wine and lemonade, bread baking supplies, cookies and enough mix to make thousands of brownies. By the Grace of God and Good Fortune, we shall be well supplied. Ever and Anon. -- Tio Poderoso

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check it out:

    http://www.badassoftheweek.com/honeybadger.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel as if I attended an electronic trade show this Fourth of July weekend. A majority of our 12 guests had some sort of electronic device: Kindle, iPad, iPods, iPhones, laptops, etc. I was never more than 5' away from one of these devices at any one time. To communicate across the room we would send each other messages via e-mail, Facebook or Twitter. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Followers